Aerrath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Slumbering in the Deep

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Slumbering in the Deep - Page 2 Empty Re: Slumbering in the Deep

Post  Vorah Fri May 04, 2012 8:25 pm

They stepped inside, led by Atharen, who spoke quietly and forcefully. "Power is all around us, permeating the air. But first, it must be grasped. It is like glory...one man can never have enough, and there is always more to gain. That is why I have come."

Vorah

Back to top Go down

Post  Fereignguard Fri May 04, 2012 8:47 pm

"Wha...what in the hell is that?" One of the knights said as the underlings raised their weapons.

"Should we attack it?"

"What should we do?"

More men began to say in confusion. They had never witnessed something like this, something with a presence so evil but asking to help mankind.

"Attacking it would do you no good. It would kill you now that it has been unsealed," Ravine said coldly.
Fereignguard
Fereignguard

Back to top Go down

Post  The Drakin Fri May 04, 2012 9:00 pm

The large dragon laughed loud and almost smiled as all of its scales began glowing so it could be seen and it looked directly at the humans its wings of darkness unfurled as it chuckled "Oh i made the right choice. Ive always loved humans. Even since the beginning when i helped them rise to power, giving them access to the darkest magics."
The Drakin
The Drakin

Back to top Go down

Post  Vorah Fri May 04, 2012 10:19 pm

"Lower your weapons, you fools. This is not the time or place to be over-zealous. We are here to seek out this power, not to threaten it. If any of you have a death wish and would like to see your insides scattered about the floor, then please, by all means...continue."

Atharen would not tolerate the actions of his soldiers - after all, he had come this far, and he had no intentions of letting his victory slip from his grasp. He looked in awe as the form of the dragon appeared slowly from the shadows, and listened to its words intently.

"Tell me what must be done."

Vorah

Back to top Go down

Post  The Drakin Fri May 04, 2012 10:33 pm

He smiled and beckoned the man come closer, he leaned his head down and looked at him, sensing his power and he scoffed "Humans may have become stronger with spells but the people have become weaker in control...Has your race lost all connection with my later teachings? The ones that grant the body full control of the dark magic?" he sighed and shook his head "Im disappointed." He shuffled a bit standing a bit taller.
The Drakin
The Drakin

Back to top Go down

Post  Fereignguard Fri May 04, 2012 10:35 pm

Ravine scowled at Atharen.

"Only a fool would threaten one of the White Knights, are you such a person, Atharen?" He paused and awaited and answer. "As for this thing," he looked toward the dragon knowing that he would remember him from long ago. "Its a dragon, one of the last of its kind." one could sense a sort of cautiousness about his voice, as if he knew something they did not.
Fereignguard
Fereignguard

Back to top Go down

Post  The Drakin Fri May 04, 2012 10:38 pm

The dragon looked at Ravine and smiled "Only a fool would threaten my chosen priests and warlocks....You are familiar with my anger and power are you not? Elf Child?"
The Drakin
The Drakin

Back to top Go down

Post  Vorah Fri May 04, 2012 10:41 pm

Atharen shook his head, looking back at Ravine. "Silence. You have no place to speak now. You are here under my command - don't forget that." He held up his hands for silence amongst the others, wondering what meaning the term 'elf child' had behind it, and waited for the dragon to speak again.

Vorah

Back to top Go down

Post  Fereignguard Fri May 04, 2012 11:26 pm

He jerked forward in anger, drawing his sword as the aura appeared again as red as blood. It was stronger than before and swirling with a darkness that was not seen in it before, the blackness of his rage infused with it. He moved faster now, getting past all of Atharen's guards without them noticing his movements.

"How dare you call me the child of an elf!! That disgusting filth does not run in my veins!!" He used the dragon's scales as steps to jump up toward his head. With his final leap he slashed down toward the creature's eye, cutting its flesh deep but not enough to blind it.
Fereignguard
Fereignguard

Back to top Go down

Post  The Drakin Fri May 04, 2012 11:29 pm

The dragon swatted him away as he cut his eyes and the dragon blinked a few times "Well that stings you cantankerous little human whelp. Faster then i imagined you to be though. Surprising really." he laid back down a bit more and smiled at Atharen and then at ravine. "So...Atharen was it? I believe that we can benefit from each other's cooperation."
The Drakin
The Drakin

Back to top Go down

Post  Vorah Fri May 04, 2012 11:39 pm

Atharen had prepared to take action against Ravine, but saw the dragon's immediate, effortless response...the dragon could protect himself.

"Yes. Atharen. And I believe the same. Tell me more about why you've brought me here..."

Vorah

Back to top Go down

Post  The Drakin Fri May 04, 2012 11:54 pm

The dragon smirked "Simply yo teach you, and to reveal to you the secrets of dark magic YOU have long forgotten. He moved to the side slightly and stood up walking down the cave behind him toward a distant smoky glow "Follow me humans. And see your destiny and new power."
The Drakin
The Drakin

Back to top Go down

Post  Fereignguard Sat May 05, 2012 12:02 am

Ravine was knocked back and hit the wall of the cavern but fell to his feet. His aura calmed and returned to normal, like he had been knocked out of its grip. He sheathed his weapon as dirt and rock fell from the wall like rain falling onto his armor.
Fereignguard
Fereignguard

Back to top Go down

Post  Vorah Sat May 05, 2012 11:06 pm

The Disciples of Vorah followed, almost with a blind sense of devotion. Atharen stopped for a brief moment by Ravine.

"Another wrong step, and it will be your last. Follow and stay in your place, soldier." He sneered and continued walking.

Vorah

Back to top Go down

Post  The Drakin Sat May 05, 2012 11:11 pm

The dragon smiled as the followed, he brought them to a huge underground area, it looked as if it was at one point a city or mass grouping of temples. All were made of obsidian and the center one was the size of castle but was made like a temple, and surrounding it were obsidian statues of men in what looked like prayer. The only lighting in this place was the glowing gems in the floor walls and ceiling of the caves.

"Welcome to what used to be my Temple. Welcome to the true lair of Ionta, the Bringer of Death." he smiled and walked forward farther "Thats what your ancestors called me anyway, son of vorah. Are you interested in these statues? Life like are they not?" they were incredibly detailed and life like, down to blemishes in the skin now turned to blemishes int he obsidian glass.
The Drakin
The Drakin

Back to top Go down

Post  Fereignguard Sat May 05, 2012 11:25 pm

"I do not serve you, Atharen nor do I take your orders," Ravine said calmly.
Fereignguard
Fereignguard

Back to top Go down

Post  Vorah Sat May 05, 2012 11:26 pm

The Disciples gazed in awe. They were used to underground temples, ancient ruins, secretive places of occult worship - but this was far more elaborate than anything they had ever witnessed. It was as if they had entered the cathedral of the dragon...

"The Bringer of Death...we feel the power and glory of your Temple. We are humbled." Atharen did not have to look twice at the statues to predict that they were indeed quite 'life-like' and he nodded his head. "They say that one encased in a glass coffin can see through for eternity...yes?"

Vorah

Back to top Go down

Post  The Drakin Sat May 05, 2012 11:34 pm

He smiled and then took flight and landed at the top of the massive cathedral and he smiled wider his voice booming out "Ahh yes young one, with my power one may see for eternity. Awaken my followers, awaken you have a new purpose." The obsidian statues began to move and wake up standing and turning as the rigid obsidian became more like skin, keeping the coloration and clearness, but now hearts and glowing veins were visible as purple flame like eyes light up in each. "Atharen, behold your new army! You are my new high priest, the chosen of the last surviving dragon god of darkness!"
The Drakin
The Drakin

Back to top Go down

Post  Vorah Sat May 05, 2012 11:54 pm

Atharen felt the sudden surge of power coursing through the air itself, like threads weaving their way directly into his core. This was what he had waited for...everything, finally converging, with him at the peak.

"High Priest," he repeated to himself, "I will serve you well...tell me...what is your bidding?"

Last edited by Vorah on Sun May 06, 2012 12:25 am; edited 1 time in total

Vorah

Back to top Go down

Post  Isilra Sun May 06, 2012 12:13 am

Failure to see the errors of their ways has always been the downfall of mankind. They will find the same fate as their ancestors but....there is one weakness. Darkness cannot survive when engulfed in light, the guardians of life awaken and bring forth its end. Blackness stands broken before them. Death cannot abide in life, harmony of all shall bring death to its knees. Death itself perishes by the hand of the meek. Fear cannot reside in the heart of bravery, the soul of preserverence, the essence of strength. Fear has no place in the mind of the Noble. Together all will bring his fall, he who denies his fate will also become a key when hope has been lost for you.
Isilra
Isilra

Back to top Go down

Post  The Drakin Sun May 06, 2012 12:31 am

The dragon smiled and said "I want you to go to the surface with your new men, show the empire your power and then show the tribes of this world that humans are the dominant species, i want you to bring the war to them in such a way that the rest of the human factions look at you in utter awe." His purple eyes glowed brighter "Also, first and foremost, bring all of vorah to this place and make it your new home. My cathedral and my lair, are now the lair and place of worship and power of Vorah!"
The Drakin
The Drakin

Back to top Go down

Post  Vorah Sun May 06, 2012 12:55 am

Atharen held out his hands, as if physically accepting the words of the dragon as power...prophecy...destiny...

Following their leader, the Disciples of Vorah knelt down before Ionta and Atharen. Some were more hesitant than others, but all complied.

"All of Vorah shall feel our power. Your word will be my command, Bringer of Death. We will go forth, bring our reign of power upon all, and show Vorah and all of mankind your Temple, in your honor."

Vorah

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum