Aerrath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Drakin Ranger

2 posters

Go down

The Drakin Ranger Empty The Drakin Ranger

Post  The Drakin Thu May 10, 2012 6:57 pm

A singular drakin ranger was sent to the elven land of the Starlit woods to request help pertaining to an ancient drakin artifact of untold power that could change the tide of the war, it held the power of souls and death and life and if harnessed would be able to decimate the human armies, and bring back the dead of the tribal forces. Actual resurrection, not undead. This drakin artifact would literally allow the people of the elves, drakin, orcs, dwarves and all other species who fight the humans...to disregard death.
The Drakin
The Drakin

Back to top Go down

The Drakin Ranger Empty Re: The Drakin Ranger

Post  Isilra Thu May 10, 2012 7:10 pm

During this season the forest was covered in lush green foliage, dense ground cover, and the sounds of wildlife living peacefully. Sight from above would be impossible, the Drakin would have to take a ground route through the woods. As they passed into Isilrian territory they would see nothing but trees, no houses, no huts, nothing seemed out of place or man-made in these parts. As such a large and terrifying creature passed by the woods fell silent, animals ceased to move, birds ceased to chirp and it seemed only the sound of flowing air remained.
Isilra
Isilra

Back to top Go down

Post  The Drakin Thu May 10, 2012 7:16 pm

The drakin ranger walked through the woods completely numb to the beauty of this place, he had his order and a mission. He was going to care it out without an detours. His name was Norsos and he was a powerful fire drakin warrior mage trained in the arts of being a ranger. He looked around for any sign of the elves sighing to himself "Why did i get stuck with this assignment" he muttered to himself "Damn elves"
The Drakin
The Drakin

Back to top Go down

Post  Isilra Thu May 10, 2012 7:52 pm

When he was looking around he would see the glow of starlight some distance ahead of him. In the light of day this glowing object was hard to pinpoint. However, his muttering was not unheard, there are those who know the woods better than he, and can keep themselves from his sight.
Isilra
Isilra

Back to top Go down

Post  The Drakin Thu May 10, 2012 8:46 pm

He saw the light and nodded "Well....Starlit woods....makes sense" He walked in its direction, not completely oblivious to be watched. He felt it as most drakin rangers could. He didnt know an exact number nor exactly where. The ability only worked on humans whose clumsy steps and heavy breathing gave them away quickly, unlike elves. "Lets get this over with so im not stuck here longer than i need to be."
The Drakin
The Drakin

Back to top Go down

Post  Isilra Thu May 10, 2012 10:37 pm

After a short time of following the light he would be within sight of a lake. It had small starlight creatures flying above and around it but with one more step they vanished, all of them except one. He might notice beyond some trees a young elf aqua green, and a strange winged headband covering her head. The light landed on her fingertips and made faint sounds, a human would not hear them but other races may if they were listening. When it had finished she turned and looked toward the forest, directly where Norsos was. She smiled at him even though he was a distance away.

Only one followed him through the forest, he was too a ranger. His name was Zelos, the best the woods had to offer when it comes to stealth maneuvers. Knowing he had been noticed he circled around in front of the Drakin, when he got close enough he planned to cut him off from his current path.
Isilra
Isilra

Back to top Go down

Post  The Drakin Thu May 10, 2012 11:25 pm

He saw the lights over the lake and he saw them disappear, he stopped not sure if it was some elven trickery t lure him into a trap but after not sensing any inherent danger in the situation he moved forward seeing the elf girl with the headband and he heard the whispering and saw how the wisp whispered something to her in whispers he could hear but not understand. When she smiled at him he was intrigued as to how she could see him so well and so quickly but he moved faster sighing with relief "Finally, an elf who has the courtesy to show themselves to a guest."
The Drakin
The Drakin

Back to top Go down

Post  Isilra Thu May 10, 2012 11:29 pm

When he reached the clearing Zelos stepped forward with a confident look about him.

"Halt, state your business in these parts or I will consider you a threat to Isilra," he had a slight disgust in his voice, like he would rather not even speak with this...thing that stood before him. "Do not waste my time, answer me now."
Isilra
Isilra

Back to top Go down

Post  The Drakin Thu May 10, 2012 11:42 pm

He sighed looking the elf over with a hint of disgust in the way he looked, not even trying to hide it "Im here on business for my leader Lord Kain. A ally of your lords in this war, my orders are to talk to them not you elf. Excuse him" He continued moving.
The Drakin
The Drakin

Back to top Go down

Post  Isilra Thu May 10, 2012 11:53 pm

"You think I would let you pass without any information to why it is you are here? Do you believe Elven Rangers to be so stupid? Now answer my question," he said still calmly.

"Wait Zelos, the whisp has foretold his coming. He seeks and ancient artifact of his nation, do you not?" The girl cut in as she approached from the lake.
Isilra
Isilra

Back to top Go down

Post  The Drakin Thu May 10, 2012 11:57 pm

He nodded at the girl "Pertaining to an ancient artifact of my people yes. My Lord believes that you elves will be able to aid us in unlocking the great power within it." He looked at the ranger and smirked sarcastically "Not all of them. Just the one ive met." He went back to the girl walked up to her "Now, can you help me find who im looking for exactly? Or are you the person i was sent to locate?"
The Drakin
The Drakin

Back to top Go down

Post  Isilra Fri May 11, 2012 9:52 pm

She nodded with a smile.

"I am who you seek....but what you need is this," She said holding out her hand, opening it to reveal the Whisp from before. "She can reveal hidden text and translate it, her kind are very rare. She has waited a long time for you to come." She held her hand out to him with the whisp perched on his fingertips.

Last edited by Isilra on Sun May 13, 2012 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Isilra
Isilra

Back to top Go down

Post  The Drakin Fri May 11, 2012 10:02 pm

He nodded and smiled "Alright the artifact itself should be here soon, it was sent behind me with three other drakin rangers." He reached out and let the whisp come to him. He looked at the elf girl "I've never seen a whisp before. Only in myths and legends"
The Drakin
The Drakin

Back to top Go down

Post  Isilra Sun May 13, 2012 2:58 pm

She smiled warmly when he said this, as if she already knew that. The whisp left her hand and flew to his while making a melodic sound. It tried to communicate with him but it would take some time before he would be able to understand it.

"Whisps only come out for friends, whisperers who can understand them. If any of your kind had come here without you they would not have shown themselves," she said as she handed him a necklace. "Here, a lamp will keep it safe from harm when you travel."
Isilra
Isilra

Back to top Go down

Post  The Drakin Sun May 13, 2012 3:20 pm

He slowly took the lamp from her and put it around his neck, seeing if the whisp will go into it itself. He held it, trying to understand what it was saying. From down the trail the elf maybe able to sense three other drakin rangers and their urgency. Some bad has happened.
The Drakin
The Drakin

Back to top Go down

Post  Isilra Sun May 13, 2012 3:24 pm

The Whisp knew he couldn't understand it right away but continued speaking. The it communicated with him the more he would understand it. It stayed on his hand until it sensed the other Drakin and went into the lamp for protection. Lanae looked behind him with a deeply concerned face.

"They're coming, but something is wrong."
Isilra
Isilra

Back to top Go down

Post  The Drakin Sun May 13, 2012 3:28 pm

He turned quickly "What?" When the drakin rangers caught up they quickly explained they were attacked by a caravan of human soldiers, that stole the plans. They coudlnt stop them so instead of dying pointlessly the moved to get to him and get reinforcements. Norsos swore under his breath "Damnit....this is bad....why does this ALWAYS happen to my plans....not as bad as last time though" mumbles something about a prison.
The Drakin
The Drakin

Back to top Go down

Post  Isilra Sun May 13, 2012 3:39 pm

"If that is the case we need to move quickly," Lanae motioned to Zelos. "Get some men, there will no doubt be a battle ahead." Zelos would disappear and gather men from the woods to aid in this fight.
Isilra
Isilra

Back to top Go down

Post  The Drakin Sun May 13, 2012 3:44 pm

The rangers were ready to move, they awaited the men from the elves before they got a move on. They didnt seem to quite like the idea but they needed help. Norsos kept looking over at the elf girl, she was interesting to him. She didnt hate him because of his race.
The Drakin
The Drakin

Back to top Go down

Post  Isilra Sun May 13, 2012 4:02 pm

Zelos returned quickly with four rangers, totaling six in their party. They they would follow the Drakin to their destination, also not fond of the idea of working with them. However, Lanae is the priestess of Starlit Woods, few could disobey her. She watched over all the Drakin, taking judgements of each personality and characteristics. She always seemed to smile when anyone looked at her, she seemed to anticipate their actions.
Isilra
Isilra

Back to top Go down

Post  The Drakin Sun May 13, 2012 4:06 pm

Norsos looked her over and shook his head, not sure as to how she was so accepting. He would hate her if she would allow him, but she was just so smiley he couldnt. He cursed the day he got this mission and found an elf he didnt despise. He nodded at his men and the rangers and the moved out fast, moving incredibly quickly. One of the other rangers led so that they could find the caravan quicker.
The Drakin
The Drakin

Back to top Go down

Post  Isilra Sun May 13, 2012 4:20 pm

The elves had little trouble keeping up with the Drakin, they were in lands they knew well and could navigate faster than anyone else. Zelos moved faster than the others, following the Drakin that went ahead. He barely made a sounds as he ran through the dense bush to gain time on him. He launched himself from a thicket and into the trees where he jumped from one to another to get a better view of where they were going. He still did not trust them and feared they were being led into a trap.
Isilra
Isilra

Back to top Go down

Post  The Drakin Sat May 19, 2012 8:50 pm

They made it to a ridge over looking a massive human caravan. Norsos sighed angrily "Damnit that is alot of humans. We may need reinforcements." he looks to the elves "What do you think we should do? Move in now or wait for aid. Half of the loses would be from your side since your here too."
The Drakin
The Drakin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down