Aerrath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Refuge of the Frontier

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Refuge of the Frontier - Page 2 Empty Re: Refuge of the Frontier

Post  The Brethren Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:36 am

The taller tuatha arched an eyebrow and chuckled "Not from around here are you? those are humans, a hateful, genocidal race of monsters...these are different though. we are trying to find out who they are." He sounded unhappy with that course of action but it was his orders.
The Brethren
The Brethren

Back to top Go down

Post  Qunxi Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:41 am

Hateful? Humen's??? what are these thing you talk about these things i have no knowledge of " raising an eyebrow him self "
Qunxi
Qunxi

Back to top Go down

Post  Kin of Locke Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:50 am

The boy held the girl tight as he carried he across the porch and towards the front door - much to the dismay of his father. But, even the strict old man realized that this was not the time for an argument, as the Tuatha could be closing in at any moment. He ushered his son along and came in after them, shutting the door tight. He latched it, locked it, and barred it from the inside, and closed up all the windows. Out here in the wilderness, he couldn't take safety for granted.

After the boy carried in the little wolf girl from outside, he set her down on the floor inside. It was mostly dark inside, with only a flickering candle from the stairway giving off light. After securing all the doors and windows, the old man lit another candle mounted on the wall so they could at least see each other. He then went back to the front door to watch and guard, while his son stayed with the girl in the middle of the room. He spoke quietly to her.

"Are you hurt?"

Kin of Locke

Back to top Go down

Post  The Brethren Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:52 am

The tuatha chuckled "You definitely are not from around here. Humans have been wiping out races across the land, declaring themselves dominant. Where the hell have you been and where are you from that you have no knowledge of the human rampage?"

The other tuatha stayed at the lip of the hill just beyond sight, their yellow and crimson eyes glowing out into the darkness around the house.
The Brethren
The Brethren

Back to top Go down

Post  Qunxi Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:12 am

" Sniffing the air to see if these were indeed the creature who had disturbed him in his camp earlier " Ah yes you are indeed who i have been tracking what is you're business with me " taking another deep breath through his nose"
Yes I am from a far and distant land that knows nothing of these human's you speak of or the hatred they seem to hold against you and you're kin but the chance to talk to them and forum my own decision about them i would not pass up for i am a seeker of knowledge as far as where i have been the answer would be the same.
Now a question about them wiping out other races have you seen this first hand do you have solid proof that these people have committed any such offenses against you? " then taking a step forward in the direction of the dog men making sure the one's on the hill could hear him as well"
BUT! you " pointing at the closest dogman " have failed to answer my question who are you? " still talking in a calm voice but with authority "

Qunxi
Qunxi

Back to top Go down

Post  The Brethren Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:02 pm

The tuatha looked at him and walked down the hill as looked at him with the same amount of authority in his eyes but it was backed with endless rage, hatred, and a thirst for vengeance and justice. "We,stranger, are the Tuatha De Dannon, more commonly called the Tuatha. We have no business with you, i dont even know what you are let alone who you are. We have business with the humans and that is it" He was preparing to turn and walk back up the hill with the other two tuatha.
The Brethren
The Brethren

Back to top Go down

Post  Qunxi Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:00 am

" chuckling to him self " of course how rude of me my name is Qunxi a humble Rionin of the mighty tribe of Ironclaw " taking a shallow bow to this new Tuatha"

Now that i have introduced myself I feel it necessary on first meetings they usually warrant introductions " looking at the new Tuatha"
Qunxi
Qunxi

Back to top Go down

Post  The Brethren Mon May 07, 2012 4:41 pm

The larger Tuatha looked at him and said "I am Chief of the remaining tuatha tribes. My name is Resni Ice-Claw, originally of the Moutain tribes."
The Brethren
The Brethren

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow Wolves Sat May 12, 2012 1:52 am

She sat still in the room for some time before looking around and regaining herself from the fear that gripped her. She saw that she was in the house, the boy before her, and the man at the door. She was frightened, that man had just threatened her and now he stood before her with no one but this boy between them. She backed away from him, getting up and running to the wall as far away from the old man as possible. She backed into the corner, afraid she might not see daylight again, her frail body would not be able to fight the humans off or run far. Not with the Tuatha just outside.
Snow Wolves
Snow Wolves

Back to top Go down

Post  Kin of Locke Sat May 12, 2012 2:10 am

The old man shook his head. "Can't believe I let you bring that thing in here. Who the hell knows what trouble that will get us into. Ain't you got no regard for yer family, son?"

"Pa, please. She's a girl. Let's just keep her until it's safe..."

"As if I'd let you keep a damn Tuatha-callin' animal in my house any longer. Go on, get 'er up where they can't get a scent. I don't want 'em bustin' down my doors to get to her." He mumbled something about wolves in heat and went back to his self-appointed post at the front of the room, looking out cautiously for any signs of movement.

The boy followed her, but stayed back far enough that he wouldn't corner her. "Hey, hey, it's okay. Don't be scared. Come with me. Pa says we gotta leave the room. Come with me now, 'kay?" He reached out his hand.

Kin of Locke

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow Wolves Sat May 12, 2012 2:15 am

She was still afraid but trusted the boy and came away from the corner slowly. She went to follow the boy but stopped and looked at the old man puzzled when he mumbled something, not all of it could be heard by a human but her ears didn't miss a word.

"...What do you mean?"
Snow Wolves
Snow Wolves

Back to top Go down

Post  Kin of Locke Sat May 12, 2012 2:19 am

The old man had stopped paying attention to the little girl, his eyes intensely scanning the outside. The boy was the only one who heard her - he was simultaneously surprised to hear her speak, and a bit shy of the question.

"Um...well...come on, we can't talk down here." He took her little hand and softly clasped it in his. "Let's go."

Kin of Locke

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow Wolves Sat May 12, 2012 2:27 am

She wrapped her tiny fingers around his hand and followed him up the steps. She was still unsure about the old man but she at least had someone on her side now, someone she could trust. She smiled a little when she walked with him but cautiously kept her eyes scanning the area and looking back over her shoulder to the old man.
Snow Wolves
Snow Wolves

Back to top Go down

Post  Kin of Locke Sat May 12, 2012 2:29 am

He walked her across the large main room. It was still dark, with only streaks of candlelight showing the way, but the boy knew each step well. He kept her right by his side, and together they approached the stairwell. It reached up alongside the wall, with tall steps and a railing. He took the first few steps up and then looked back down at her, waiting for her to come up with him. The house was quiet, except for their footsteps and the sound of hushed breathing.

Kin of Locke

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow Wolves Sat May 12, 2012 5:38 am

When they got to the top she looked around. She followed him quietly, listening to what was about outside the house. She could hear the Tuatha and Qunxi speaking with ease now that things had hushed down and her mind wasn't clouded by fear.
Snow Wolves
Snow Wolves

Back to top Go down

Post  Qunxi Sun May 27, 2012 1:11 am

The Brethren wrote:The larger Tuatha looked at him and said "I am Chief of the remaining tuatha tribes. My name is Resni Ice-Claw, originally of the Moutain tribes."

Ah very good maybe we can come to some sort of agreement then about these creatures you call human's i am a stranger to these land and have turned my sights to the pursuit of knowledge after my exile from my home land and i would like to learn all i can on these people
But that lead's us into our current dilemma i want to talk and you and you're Tuatha who are of interest to me as well are between me and that goal perhaps we can come to an accord of some type what say you Resni Ice-Claw Chief of the Tuatha of the moutian clan?
Qunxi
Qunxi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum