Aerrath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Slumbering in the Deep

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Slumbering in the Deep Empty Slumbering in the Deep

Post  The Drakin Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:40 pm

In the dark recesses of a deep dark cave in a dead volcano within a mountain range rumored to be the home of wandering undead and evil spirits rests a power so ancient it cannot die, a power so dark it can never be defeated, only chained. A dark might that even gods may fear. This power senses the hate among the people of Aerrath and it stirs, craving freedom, craving power. It calls out to those human who can sense the arcane powers of the world, it calls to Vorah and calls form them to come to it. Free it.

In the deep cave and long rumbling laughter erupts in the silence "Flesh to bone and life to death...Ashes to ashes and dust to dust once more. Humans....reaching thier potential. I've been asleep much to long Aerrath. Death, my beloved friend, may our wings unfold and cover this world...for now...i wait."
The Drakin
The Drakin

Back to top Go down

Slumbering in the Deep Empty Re: Slumbering in the Deep

Post  Vorah Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:32 pm

Atharen Seville, the leader of one of the Disciple sects of Vorah, awoke one night to pulsing images and thundering voices clouding his mind. The visages that came to him spoke of power and glory - as if they were calling out to him, to all of Vorah, to seek the immense strength that was hidden beneath the eons of time.

Following the guide of his visions, he would go towards what he felt would be the source of the power.

Vorah

Back to top Go down

Post  The Drakin Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:37 pm

The dragon would give him specifics about the direction and where he would need to go, there was a dark path winding into the mountains, the path was bordered by ruins and the halls of damned lords and races. He told him to bring a small expedition of men, atleast 20 men and then guards to keep him and his men safe from the trials that would await them. The undead that waited in the dark depths would not be friendly, nor the restless spirits forgiving. "I can give you the power to smite your enemies drag the races of the elves and beasts to thier knees. Come to this place i have shown you. Claim the power rightfully given to the sons of men."
The Drakin
The Drakin

Back to top Go down

Post  Isilra Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:45 pm

These dreams were not shared by only Atharen, I too saw these dreams, his location, his plans. I saw into his mind. When I spoke to him he could not hear me.

"Atharen, this darkness will take all that in human from you. You will lose what you fight for, can you not see it?" but my efforts were of no avail. His mind was clouded by greed for power and wealth.
Isilra
Isilra

Back to top Go down

Post  Vorah Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:47 pm

The man, being a believer in visions and superstitions along with the rest of Vorah, decided to do as he was told. He gathered his expedition as directed, with some of his more powerful Disciples, along with guards and assistants to travel along. They prepared for a long and arduous journey, which certainly had fallen at an inconvenient time if there would be no rewards - but, if the promises were true, this souce of power could lead to the humans' victory and, more decisively, the dominance and superiority of Vorah. It was a risk that Atharen was willing to take.

He set out as soon as he could, still strongly sensing the visages that had guided him. He searched for the dark path winding into the mountains.

Vorah

Back to top Go down

Post  Fereignguard Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:04 pm

Ten White Knights were rallied into his ranks. These knights were led by the lowest ranking Paladin, known as Bloody Ravine for his blood-red colored aura that engulfed his sword when he was serious about a fight.

"Sir, these Vorah, they're up to no good."

"Quiet, unless you want one of them using you for their 'projects'." some of the men whispered back and forth, showing their distrust to this mission.
Fereignguard
Fereignguard

Back to top Go down

Post  The Drakin Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:10 pm

They would find the dark path, it looked just as the visions had appeared. A cold wind blew down from it as if warning them away. It had the stench of darkess on it and death. But this was the way they had to go, all of the people besides the leader of vorah would feel a feeling of unadulterated dread. the leader of Vorah of course felt a voice telling him this was the correct way, to go and follow it, achieve all of his ambitions and dreams.
The Drakin
The Drakin

Back to top Go down

Post  Fereignguard Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:17 pm

Another who was unaffected by the dragon's breath was Ravine. He walked unphased through the blackened halls of this ancient place. Time had not changed here since he was last in this place.
Fereignguard
Fereignguard

Back to top Go down

Post  The Drakin Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:19 pm

As they wandered forward on thier path, spirits and dark apparitions appeared along the side of it, sometimes far, sometimes close. Disappearing just the same way they had appeared, slowly in a fading mist of green-ish white smoke and fog. The huge dead volcano the dragon slumbered in could be seen, and it called to them, pulled them closer. Its dark powers reaching out like grasping hands in the dark.
The Drakin
The Drakin

Back to top Go down

Post  Vorah Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:18 pm

Atharen Seville continued, guiding the party as they searched. He stayed behind his guards, directing their movements as he saw fit. He still felt drawn to the location where he could feel the source of energy dwelling within...towards the sinister silhouette of the volcano in the distance.

Vorah

Back to top Go down

Post  The Drakin Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:23 pm

They would go near the volcano with little trouble a few undead watching them from the dark caves and dark crags in the mountains and paths. They would near the entrance to the cave as a cold wind blew from it for a second and a thick black obsidian looking door closed it. A voice boomed in their minds 'open it, and you may enter.'

As it said this the undead horde that had been watching them from shadow began to lumber out toward them, whatever power was here was testing them.
The Drakin
The Drakin

Back to top Go down

Post  Fereignguard Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:38 pm

"Halt! Positions now! Wait for them to get closer and aim for the head," Ravine ordered.

The men filed out into two groups then moved to each side. Ravine took center of the groups standing between the Voran troops and the hordes. One man now separated them from their target.

"Sickening beings, I'll send you back to the underworld!"
Fereignguard
Fereignguard

Back to top Go down

Post  Vorah Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:43 pm

The Disciples of Vorah were hardly intimidated - the undead were within their realm of expertise, and these didn't seem too threatening...nothing that they couldn't handle.

One ghoul who stepped out came closer to the group. A Disciple reached his arm into the air, twisting his wrist upwards into the air as a dim silvery light engulfed his palm for a second. The ghoul, as if commanded by a dark force, suddenly twisted backwards and crunched loudly as its spine snapped and it collapsed into a heap of rotten flesh and bones.

"Pathetic. They are weak."

Vorah

Back to top Go down

Post  The Drakin Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:46 pm

The ghouls all stopped then roared and blood curdling other worldy roar, and spoke as if something was speaking through them. "Magic users OPEN THE DOOR, or i will have you destoyed. The power of this land tests those with you." the Ghouls ten stopped speaking and rushed forward at human like speeds, roaring and snapping thier jaws at the knights. Their huge blade like claws ready to rend and tear as the first wave of ghouls jumped at their enemies.
The Drakin
The Drakin

Back to top Go down

Post  Vorah Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:50 pm

The Disciples stayed behind their soldiers as the ghouls charged. They began casting spells - some of them sent bolts of energy flying to knock the ghouls back, others used control spells to manipulate and incapacitate them, and the more powerful Disciples attempted to twist the ghouls to their own will and gain control of their bodies.

Atharen realized that the message coming forth from the undead was actually the word of the dragon - the source of energy that had called him here - and he intended to do its bidding. From within the ranks of soldiers and the group of Disciples at the back, he began to cast a spell attempting to pry open the door by removing any seals on it.

Vorah

Back to top Go down

Post  Fereignguard Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:57 pm

Two of the men were take off guard and screamed in agony as their claws tore through their flesh. One was knocked to the ground and ripped apart slowly as his screamed died down and his body stopped moving. The other tried to push the ghoul off him when it was run through the throat, stabbing the man in the shoulder.

"You're weak, now move!" Ravine stood above him, removing his sword from both the ghoul and his own soldier. The rest of the men had little trouble fighting the ghouls however some were injured. Ravine slashed through the hordes unscathed and killed countless numbers. It was easy to tell the difference between his skills and that of his men.
Fereignguard
Fereignguard

Back to top Go down

Post  The Drakin Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:00 pm

The ghouls tore apart anyone they could get too, moving with completely remorseless hatred to the knights. The ranks of the undead were thinning quickly thanks to Ravine and a throaty laughter was heard, that voice booming in their heads again, laughing mockingly "I like this one....lets test your metal human." The ghouls would swarm, aiming mainly at ravine and the guards closest to him as three larger beings were created, forming from the remains of all the dead ghouls.
The Drakin
The Drakin

Back to top Go down

Post  Fereignguard Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:54 am

"Tch, undead filth. As your judge I sentence you to death, as your jury I condemn you, and as your executioner I will send your bodies and souls back to the grave," Ravine said under his breath as the large beast formed from the mangle remains of the ghouls. The other knights fell back to guard men of Vorah, they hadn't realized the target was Ravine. Ravine swung his blade to his side and readied himself for the coming onslaught. His white hair made him stand out from the others, he was not very old and yet his hair was completely silver. The knights around him wore untarnished armor whereas his own was dull with wear. Scratches, dents, and showed on the front of his armor, but not the back. Not a mark was shown on his back, proving he had never turned his back to an enemy in his years of service in the White Knights.

"Come, I will show you hell itself," his words rang out louder and more intensely than before. In the darkness one could see a red aura forming around him, it looked as if there was blood amidst the air. It followed his every move from a breath to a step forward, this is why he is known as Bloody Ravine.
Fereignguard
Fereignguard

Back to top Go down

Post  Vorah Thu May 03, 2012 8:19 pm

Unless the gates were sealed much more powerfully than expected, Atharen would be able to pry them open.

The other Disciples prepared for the approaching conglomerations as they came forth at them. They divided their attention between eliminating some of the smaller ghouls, weakening the larger ones, and supporting Ravine through their defensive magic.

Vorah

Back to top Go down

Post  The Drakin Thu May 03, 2012 8:24 pm

A large burst of throaty laughter erupted from around them and the voice said "Oh you made it through faster than anticipated, humans are much stronger in the magic arts than the last time i was awake on this world" The ghouls halted and the voice said now, lower and slightly politely though that made it even more frightening "Enter young ones."
The Drakin
The Drakin

Back to top Go down

Post  Isilra Fri May 04, 2012 2:40 pm

Silence surrounded this room as I approached, I had little faith that such a disciple of evil would heed my warning but I had to try. I came up behind the ghouls, walked through their darkening grip, and stood before Lord Ravine so that all would notice me. There was no doubt they would know I was of the Isilra, my silver hair was unmistakeable. I spoke my peace, knowing that only my own descendent would hear my words.

"Descendents of man, what you seek here will become the destruction of your people. Heed my words of warning and your people will be set free from the bondage in store for their future. This power wants to use you to gain the world, enslave your people, and eradicate your kind from this earth. It has laid dormant in this place for centuries after its own plan faltered and its power was sealed. Now it wishes to overtake the world, knowing that in its current state it will complete its will with ease."
Isilra
Isilra

Back to top Go down

Post  Vorah Fri May 04, 2012 3:19 pm

Atharen stepped forward.

"Be gone, I have no interest in your word. Do not try and hold me back, and do not concern yourself with the affairs of man - go back to your place, elf, before you lose your chance to return home."

After being sure that the ghouls had stopped and were no longer a threat, Atharen gave the orders for his group to continue onwards.

Vorah

Back to top Go down

Post  The Drakin Fri May 04, 2012 6:57 pm

The dragon sneered and said loud "Spawn of elves begone from my domain, your elven cities will burn and your people's souls will be my nourishment! Bastard immortal i will rend your soul from your body and display it as a trophy upon my lair's wall!" the words were spoken almost in a growl, they were actually hearing a voice this time, not in thier minds.

Last edited by The Drakin on Fri May 04, 2012 7:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
The Drakin
The Drakin

Back to top Go down

Post  Fereignguard Fri May 04, 2012 7:12 pm

The knights raised their weapons, ready to attack her if she moved. Ravine glared toward her, obviously aggravated by her presence. He raised his hand to call the knights off their guard.

"Anyone who raises their hand to this one raises their hand to me, no matter her race she is still unarmed and defenseless," he said then turned his gaze to Rylis. "Now begone Elf, do not stand before me as if you are welcomed. Return now to your lands and leave me to mine."
Fereignguard
Fereignguard

Back to top Go down

Post  The Drakin Fri May 04, 2012 7:19 pm

The dragon beckoned the human inside the dark cave, they couldn't see anything besides two huge purple eyes glowing in the darkness near the back of the cave, it wad dark cold and dank in the caves recesses and the bottom of the large winding 'natural' staircase was a huge flat area lit only partially by strange glowing dark purple gems embedded into the stone floor. "Come forward humans...Your purpose for needing my power. Tell me."
The Drakin
The Drakin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum