Aerrath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Shattering

5 posters

Go down

The Shattering  Empty The Shattering

Post  The Empire Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:51 pm

Today, history as Aerrath has known it will forever be changed.

The Empire, after years of conflict with the minority races of Aerrath, has finally issued an official declaration of war. Upon the crowning of a new Emperor with an unquenchable thirst for conquering claimed lands through warfare, the forces of the Empire have been united under a common goal - to eradicate and exterminate all others, and take the world for mankind. It's impossible to tell what the future may hold for Aerrath, but this fate will only be seen through the shroud of battle and bloodshed.

The Empire

Back to top Go down

The Shattering  Empty Re: The Shattering

Post  The Drakin Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:19 pm

The drakin had been watching the events from afar, hiding from the empire in what seemed a paradise protected on all sides by steep, deadly mountains. There was but one passage out and into this land and it was now always under patrol. The drakin prepared for what would be a bloody war and perhaps the end of thier people. Their king, Kain the Earth Lord, spoke to them like all their past kings had done when the humans got riled up.

"My people! My friends, my loyal subjects. Hear me now as you have heard my ancestors! This be a time when the icy winds of the heavens blow, and the devils and reapers of this world grapple at our backs, but as we always have, we WILL survive! The disgusting scourge of Humans," he spat as he said their name "will rue the day they march against us! The descendants of dragon kind! The blood of dragons pumps in our veins, their hearts beat within our chests!" he looked around his people and smiled a determined smile "Within us also resides their power! Their determination and strength and wisdom!... Their legacy. We will never lose to such disgusting lowly beings as humans! We will fight! and we will WIN!" As he said this his people roared thier approval, sometimes literally. The drakin were prepared for war.
The Drakin
The Drakin

Back to top Go down

Post  Isilra Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:28 pm

A letter arrived by horseback to the imperial capital. A man stepped down from the unbridled horse and whispered the words "Lle ume quel, mellon" before it trotted off. The man's hair was blonde and half pulled back, revealing his pointed ears. He insisted that this letter was delivered to the imperial courts.

"Highest regards,
We, the Isilrá, have always longed for peace and harmony between us. We have aided men in their wars against greater evils that posed threat to their existence. Let our lives be granted us at our petition, reconsider this act of war against the races of Aerrath.
Saeros Narmolanya."
Isilra
Isilra

Back to top Go down

Post  The Empire Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:39 pm

The Imperial court read the letter out loud and the people in the court couldn't hold back a loud bout of laughter, the leader of the court ripped the letter in half and said to the people gathered "Damn elves and their so called peace talks! They would curse and ruin us with their heathen elf magic! We will show them along with those other barbaric races that humans, not they, are the dominant race of Aerrath!"

The Empire

Back to top Go down

Post  Orsinnar Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:41 pm

The news came to Kurath Redhawk quickly, as he heard a commotion of the people of his encampment and went out to see what the shouting was about.

"Rip them apart! Foolish dogs!"

"Hah, we don't have to budge! They're puny. They're no threat. Why waste your breath?"

"Their heads will look so nice lining our walls, though..."

Kurath pushed his way into the crowd and called for silence. Everyone quieted down quickly, and as he asked what had happened, he was told quite bluntly that the humans of the Empire wished to declare war. Kurath had anticipated this for years, and the entire Kindred was already prepared. He smiled a broad smile, his grey eyes and silvery tusks flashing in the light of the bonfire that his people had gathered around to await his next words.

"Then let them come. It's taken them long enough already. I've grown tired of waiting for their empty words. The rivers are not red enough yet."

A rumbling burst of chants, roars, and grunts erupted from the encampment as Kurath turned and walked back into the Great Lodge. Under other circumstances, a leader might have rushed off to make battle plans and arrange defenses - but all of this was no concern for the Orsien, as they could not have been more ready. Amongst the people, there was almost a hope that they would be attacked, as they had waited so long for the chance to fight back the human oppressors that it would be seen as a welcome opportunity and chance for good warfare. Metal clanged as weapons sparked against each other, and armor and shields rattled and echoed in the air loudly. The message was sent out to the dozens of encampments - warriors readied themselves for battle, the blacksmiths grinded and labored restlessly in their forges, and the heavy beats of the war drums sounded for miles around. The Orsien were more than eager for war.
Orsinnar
Orsinnar

Back to top Go down

Post  The Empire Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:07 pm

A letter would be sent back to the Elves from the lead court of the Empire it was worded as politely as possible, the letter would read

"We, the humans of this world, are the rightful leaders of the land and we will take that right. So we must decline your attempt at 'peace talks'. We will be the dominant race on this world, you of course always have a chance to surrender to us now and avoid the war for you, give us your leaders for imprisonment and/or execution and we will refrain from completely eradicating your outdated race."

The Empire

Back to top Go down

Post  Isilra Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:28 pm

When the carrier returned with the Isilrian response he came not wearing white robes as before but armor as if expecting to be killed when he arrived. His horse now clothed in elven chain and cloaked with a silvery-gray cloth. He dismounted quickly and insisted that the letter be brought to the courts only this time he was more forceful.

"Highest regards,
The Isilrá contrary to your belief ruled this world before the age of man. We have watched over these lands throughout the ages, we have watched over you as well. A fine race once, now is stricken with the plagues of greed and power. We Isilrá will not bow to such an ill mannered emperor. One day I pray the relations between the Isilrá and the humans may return to its natural state and humans recover from there current state.
Seer Saeros Narmolanya"
Isilra
Isilra

Back to top Go down

Post  The Empire Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:08 pm

The messenger was allowed to live this once and when they read it they did the same thing, laugh and dispose of the letter. "These out dated things think they are better than us! We will show them the unbeatable might of humans!"

The Empire

Back to top Go down

Post  Isilra Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:58 pm

When the carrier returned from the capital he was sent to of the races of Aerrath with in invitation to the elven castle to discuss the situation. He rode fast through the woods before entering the Orcish territory, surely he would be watched from all sides as he approached their stronghold. His horse would not stay still in such a discomforting land. Without dismounting he called out to the Orcish chief.

"The Isilrá summons you to Rivendell on matters of imperial decree! My name is Amras Revelis!"

Once said he rode off into the distance toward the Drakin lands, it would take him a day and a half to reach them by horseback. He rode swiftly through the rough mountainous ranges before the valley in which they lived. Upon the top of the hill outside the valley he called to them the same message.

"The Isilrá summons you to Rivendell on matters of imperial decree! My name is Amras Revelis!"
Isilra
Isilra

Back to top Go down

Post  The Drakin Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:04 pm

Kain saw the messenger and walked to the hill and said calling out to him "For what reason do you enter our lands elf!?" Upon hearing that he raised an eyebrow in interest and nodded "I will be there in time elf"
The Drakin
The Drakin

Back to top Go down

Post  Orsinnar Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:13 pm

The message came through to Kurath, and many of his advisors scoffed at the thought of fraternizing with elves - especially on their terms. Thane Orioth Hawksight gathered all of the Kindred Council together, and advised holding a conference with the elves. War-Chief Goruk Bladefury was completely opposed to the idea and supported full offensive tactics against the humans instead of diplomacy and alliances with the other races. Kurath himself was divided on the issue, but tended towards his Thane's counsel.

He decided to visit the elven capital, along with his Champion Thorokai Sunhawk. Thane Orioth and his Champion Okhennei Banesinger went along too, but Goruk stayed behind to finish preparing the horde of Orsien eager to brutalize the humans. They mounted their ok'shurien, large reptilian beasts of burden, and loaded them up with supplies for the ride. The two warriors on their massive mounts rode out from the large Orsien encampment, skeptically headed towards the capital of Rivendell.
Orsinnar
Orsinnar

Back to top Go down

Post  Isilra Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:38 pm

Hesitantly Amras rode to the Dwarven territory. He dismounted and made his way into the mineshaft leading to their leader's city. The dark tunnels were harsh and surely the elf's presence was not appreciated. Outside the city he called out to them as he had before.

"The Isilrá summons you to Rivendell on matters of imperial decree! My name is Amras Revelis!" he paused, almost disgusted that he was speaking to these things. "My true name, Relaas, as my word!"
Isilra
Isilra

Back to top Go down

Post  Athosia Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:19 pm

The guard's out side the throne room would run in telling of an elf in the city limits wanting to talk of peace at Rivendell about imperial decree

Loud laughing would echo through out the city Levhor would step out of the throne room not believing a word he was told NOT IN A MILLION YEARS HAVE I EVER SEEN AN ELF ENTER MY CITY WILLINGLY NOR..................................................... Well blow me down an elf in my Grand city ( rubbing his eyes in disbelief) a little away from home aren't we elf just to give me a massage from you're so called king tell him ill think about showing up to you're little meeting you'll know if I'm there or not now go
Athosia
Athosia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum