Aerrath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tainted Blood

3 posters

Go down

Tainted Blood Empty Tainted Blood

Post  Vorah Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:27 pm

Deep within one of Vorah's cult cathedrals, the Disciples worked in secret on a new "project" - undertaking the creation of a new being who would be worthy of both awe-inspiring fear andworship from the populace, as well as a practical solution for Vorah's defense. It was well-known that the "researchers" of Vorah were often shunned, ridiculed, feared, and rejected from mainstream Imperial culture due to their...unconventional methods. This made their goal for a successful creation all the more enticing, and many more resources were devoted to the completion of their new theory.

In the dark stone chamber, an altar stood firmly in the center of the room, inlaid with blood-red gems and lined in glistening obsidian. An unwilling participant laid on the altar, also adorned with clippings of nightshade, vials of twinkling liquid, wooden bowls with pinches of finely powdered dust, severed bones, and - most notable amongst the other various ceremonial artifacts - a thirsty, curved dagger.

The man was bound by chains, only partially conscious, as one of the Disciples stood over him. He cast a spell to shroud the man's pain and keep him alive as he carved the knife into his chest. He drew the man's blood and then, lifting up one of the ornate glass vials, began to infuse the dark, blackish substance directly into his pulsing arteries. It was a cryptic and primitive ritual of transfusion - the final, decisive peak moment in an intense series of ceremonial alterations designed to create this arcane test subject to do Vorah's bidding. If it would be successful, then they would have effectively created Aerrath's first genetically engineered warrior. With the blood of summoned and bound demons now coursing through his veins, he would be imbued with the mysterious supernatural qualities of the beasts that were now part of him. Years of preparation had led up to this moment, and now Vorah's Disciples would finally see whether their efforts had been in vain or not. With the project's final stages coinciding neatly with the Empire's declarations of war, this could easily make or break Vorah's position of power within humankind.

The head researcher, a man cloaked in black silken robes and a hood, came to the front of the altar, surrounded by his assistants and the other researchers. He gave the man some time to recover, and then removed the shroud that kept the man from full consciousness and from feeling the full pain of the ritual - an ironic and cynical act of kindness, given the circumstances. In the flickering torchlight of the chamber, the Disciples hovered over the man, eagerly awaiting his reaction. They watched to see if he would stir and wake up.

"Son of Vorah," the head researcher spoke solemnly, "arise and be reborn of new blood."

Vorah

Back to top Go down

Tainted Blood Empty Re: Tainted Blood

Post  Nasada Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:41 pm

He opened his eyes, now changed to a steel silvery color, with a blank expression he remained still for a short time. He glanced around slowly, taking a moment to watch each 'researcher' then passing to the next. His once dark bark brown hair slowly turned a paled out, turning a silvery white. His other features remained human, his pupils were round and his body as it was before. He seemed disoriented, at least...that is what they would think.
Nasada
Nasada

Back to top Go down

Post  Vorah Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:51 pm

"Yes, Son of Vorah." The researcher nodded slowly, seeing that there was at least movement from this new project. Better than he could say for most of the others, who failed miserably and were left to rot. But in this one...the ritual had finally worked.

"You are born anew, within a coven of your very own. Do you feel it? You have been blessed in darkness, young one. We offer you a gift beyond life." He raised his hands ever so slightly at his sides, gesturing for the other Disciples to join him. They began chanting quietly, almost whispering. In their sinister, hushed words, they spoke of eternal life, immense power, the dark gift bestowed upon this being that must be used for his new brethren - for Vorah. It was the beginning of another ceremony, intended to "brainwash" the newly created monstrosity into pledging unquestioning loyalty to his makers forever. They had realized the possibility of...insubordination, but the Disciples though highly of their progress, but they expected him to be quite disoriented and in a daze - all the easier to shape, meld, and bend every facet of his mind to their will.

Vorah

Back to top Go down

Post  Nasada Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:19 pm

He remained utterly still as the disciples moves closer and began chanting. One thing they said was right, he felt it, he felt something dark deep within his own body urging him to move, forcing its will upon him. In an instant the sound of cracking chains broke their chants. The would look over to see the researcher to his left subdued under a increasingly demonic looking hand. He watched as the researcher gripped his hands and tried to free himself from this choke hold. He looked completely expressionless.
Nasada
Nasada

Back to top Go down

Post  Vorah Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:39 pm

The Disciples weren't expecting such a sudden and violent outburst, but they remained calm.

"No, child!" Two other Disciples reached forward to try and pry the creature's arm off. The others tried to hold him down, keeping him from struggling or from hurting himself, while others tried to reattach the broken chains to little avail.

"Calm yourself. I know you are confused. We will answer all your questions. Just release your grip, lay down, and be calm."

Vorah

Back to top Go down

Post  Nasada Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:34 am

His grip tightened around the man's neck as he pushed him to his knees single-handedly. The others could not break his grip nor were they able to restrain him. He continued choking the man relentlessly as the others tried to calm him. His voice echoed slightly as if two separate voices were speaking as one.

"I have no need for your answers, this power, I want more."
Nasada
Nasada

Back to top Go down

Post  Vorah Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:40 pm

One of the Disciples sent an apprentice off to go fetch some help. "Hurry, now! It's beginning to become violent. We cannot restrain it..."

The man was forced down to his knees, but tried to remain calm - he still wanted to salvage the project, but he was beginning to panic and lose his breath. The others had given up on trying to pry the creature's hand off but he started to claw and try to pry its arm away. The others tried to push him back down onto the altar, and another tried to recast the shroud spell that would knock the creature unconscious. Potentially, it might even backfire, and cause the half-demon to gain even more power if it would be strong enough to absorb the spell.

Vorah

Back to top Go down

Post  Nasada Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:18 am

The shrouding spell had little affect on him as he watched the man choke and slowly perish. There was nothing left to save, he had already lost his human side. His body belonged to the darkness they had carved into him, little chance remained of his human mind taking control of himself again. They clawed and pulled at his arm but it was of no avail, instead he batted them away with the other as if they themselves were rag-dolls. Some may be smashed into the pillars or walls surrounding the alter.

Such a cruel fate had befallen this one and yet, one lived who had not succumb to her demon power. What would be done with her after this failure destroyed what created them? Would they embrace her as a success or would they condemn her to death for the transgressions of another, her fate is not yet sealed.
Nasada
Nasada

Back to top Go down

Post  Vorah Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:42 pm

The man finally succumbed to the crushing strength of the project that he had labored so long to perfect; ironically, he had crafted his own undoing, and perhaps his fate was now the fate of all Vorah. He crumpled to the floor lifelessly, and the others scattered, demoralized at the death of their leader. They knew they had lost control, and now their only hope was to escape.

They headed for a heavy barred door at the far end of the room. It appeared to be the only exit - the research room was built more like a tomb or prison cell than a place of science. It was all stone, with the altarpiece and a few torches and shelves lined with various ritual items. Some of the Disciples might be able to make it to the door, but others were slower or got tripped up as they tried to run from their own powerful creation.

Vorah

Back to top Go down

Post  Nasada Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:50 pm

Those who were slow, fell, or hesitated would soon die from his hand. He approached one with astonishing speed, catching him by the throat and ripping his limbs off one by one. Another who had fallen would suffer a much worse fate, he stepped on his knees and crushed them. He allowed him a chance to crawl to the exit, knowing his body would not be able to move. Then he picked him up from the ground and ran his hand through his body. He reached into his ribs and grasped his heart and twisted his wrist until the man fell to his pain and died. He looked upon all of this with the same, lifeless expression he had worn before. The only change was a slight smile, as if he was enjoying every second of this torture.
Nasada
Nasada

Back to top Go down

Post  Vorah Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:26 pm

Screams of agony rang out through the room, as some of the Disciples were disemboweled and left to die. Some of them made it to the door, and they quickly worked to pull it open. Once the door was opened, two of them shoved their way through. The third was nearly through, but one of the others on the opposite side slammed the door shut and barred it from within. He had been betrayed by his own kin, but panic had set in, and the others were already running down the hallway for their lives.

"Leave me...I am worth nothing to you. You gain nothing by killing me! I am a Son of Vorah! I have no fear in the face of death." He watched the creature coming forward and spoke quickly, pleading. "I know you are more than they will ever know...I understand...I can release you, but you must let me live."

Vorah

Back to top Go down

Post  Nasada Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:48 pm

The creatures voice echoed as if two were speaking at once.

"You are not worth your own life. How can you release me when they've locked you inside and left you deaths grasp?" He continued toward him with the blood of his previous victims dripping from his hands. He reached out to the man and brushed his fingers against his neck, leaving a trail of blood.

"If you fail, that is where you will bleed."
Nasada
Nasada

Back to top Go down

Post  Vorah Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:22 pm

"I...I know how to open the door...and you don't. It is sealed..." He shuddered as the creature's bloodied fingers traced over his neck. "Please...you can either let me go, and be released...or...you'll die here with me, because...they'll never let you out..."

Meanwhile, the surviving Disciples ran out of the building - a small, concealed complex hidden beneath a dilapidated building near the edge of the Vorah district. They fled, shouting for help and trying to find any nearby guards to call on.

Vorah

Back to top Go down

Post  Talshova Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:43 pm

A few Talshova soldiers would be in the area, moving to talk to people from Vorah inquiring about the research Talshova had been...looking into. They saw the acolytes and ran forward, dressed in the white and red garb of talshova assassins. "Whats going on? Whats happened?" the leader of the 5 assassins asked the men, demanding answers.
Talshova
Talshova

Back to top Go down

Post  Vorah Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:51 pm

"Come quickly. There has been a problem...something...a...demonic..."

The man who was speaking was interrupted by another Disciple. "A project has been turned loose on us..."

Vorah

Back to top Go down

Post  Talshova Fri May 04, 2012 7:00 pm

The assassins looked at each other then nodded "Bring us to where this...problem has arisen and we will take care of it. Afterward we will expect compensation of course." they began following the acolytes and muttered something about stupid mages not being able to control their own creations.
Talshova
Talshova

Back to top Go down

Post  Vorah Fri May 11, 2012 7:29 pm

The nervous mage inside who was still in fear of his life desperately tried to get the door open. He had never done it before, but had seen the others do it. Anxiously, he raised a quivering, trembling hand and began charging a spell while facing the door. He placed his palm against a blank circular ridge towards the top at the center, and it began emanating with a dull rust-colored light. After a few moments, he removed his hand, and the blank space was replaced with a glowing, runic seal that was "burnt" into the thick door.

"There...I-I think it'll work now...I think it will open..."

Meanwhile, the other Disciples showed the Talshova assassins the entrance. Normally, they would never have shown anyone else, but...the situation was dire, and they needed help before this creature had a chance to retaliate.

"Down there, let's go..." They led them through the ruins, down a stairway, and into the hallway leading to the door.

Vorah

Back to top Go down

Post  Nasada Sun May 13, 2012 2:50 pm

"Well done, my servant," he said as he approached the door. He would place his hand on the runic design, pushing the door with incredible strength.
Nasada
Nasada

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down