Aerrath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Audience in Rivendell

4 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Audience in Rivendell Empty Audience in Rivendell

Post  Isilra Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:58 pm

The newcomers traveled through lush green forests before reaching the outskirts of the city. Rivendell, the most beautiful of all elven structures, its silvery-white arches, engravings, statues, and architectures slowly appeared as the trees thinned out. The paths leading to the city were narrow, well weathered dirt roads that had only been traveled by foot and horseback. The Isilrá never allowed the wheels of destruction the harm these lands.

Once they passed through the entrance the roads became more elaborate, the detailed designed stone paths widened for extraneous use. The overwhelmingly large white structure that was the castle of Rivendell stood, carved out of the mountain side looking down upon the natural state of the lands surrounding. The entirety of its walls were engraved with elvish lettering, figures, and symbols, one of which would stand out more than the other. The image of a human standing over the earth with a blade piercing it was engraved just above the gates, on each other side of the world was the other races, Elven, Orish, Drakin, and an unknown figure beside them. Each figure was thrusting its own weapon into the the man's figure. This foretold the event coming to pass.

Amras rode up to the archway of the castle and dismounted, his horse stabled itself as he walked briskly into the castle and stood before Seer Saeros. Saeros, who's face was cloaked by a white garmentd, rose from his seat and approached him and placed a arm on his shoulder.

"Mellon, nae saian luume'. Lle maa quel. Amin n'rangwa edanea, tanya nae n'quel." Meaning "Friend, it has been too long. You look well (for having such a tiresome journey.) I don't understand these human, this will not end well."

Amras sighed heavily.

"Amin dele ten' sen. Glamhoth, Drakiins, amin delotha sen." - "I worry for their sake, Orcs, Drakin, all hate them."

Last edited by Isilrá on Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Isilra
Isilra

Back to top Go down

Audience in Rivendell Empty Re: Audience in Rivendell

Post  Orsinnar Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:07 pm

The Orsien ride up to the city on their towering, lizard-like mounts. They wore either finely stitched leather or solidly crafted plate and chain, with weapons ranging from massive battleaxes and greatswords strapped to their backs to wickedly curved shortswords at their sides. They looked completely out of place within the city, but nonetheless, they had arrived as requested.

Once they entered, Kurath's voice boomed out as he rode ahead of the others, with Thorokai at his side and Orioth and Okhennei behind. "I am High Kindred Chieftain Kurath Redhawk of the Manakahai Orsinnar. I have come to meet with your...elf leaders."
Orsinnar
Orsinnar

Back to top Go down

Post  The Drakin Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:24 pm

Kain along with his 4 most trusted guards landed outside the city and walked in, trying to retain thier dis taste for the elves. He walked toward them and kept their distance from the orcs as he said, his voice sounding slightly angry that he was called to such a place. A race they had long had a feud with calling for his aid, he had a slight amount of satisfaction in that, but not being entirely pompous he knew that no one would survive without working together. "I have arrived as i said i would, where is this meeting taking place elf?" he said to the ones nearest to him that looked to be of authority.
The Drakin
The Drakin

Back to top Go down

Post  Isilra Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:34 pm

As the guests arrived the people stared, some ran into their homes and locked the doors, and others glared with distaste for their kind. Amras would finish his conversation with Seer Saeros in time to approach them. He did not seem to be affected by their distasteful reproach of their invitation. He greeted them and answered their questions.

"Honored guests of Rivendell, I am Amras bowmen of the woodland clans. It was I who delivered the invitation to your lands, come, I will lead you to the Hall of the Four Winds. That is where Seer Saeros Narmolanya will greet you." he turned abruptly then said. "Please dismount here....and.....Leave what weapons you have brought at the gates of the Four Winds." though one could not see his face his aura was that of a disdain.
Isilra
Isilra

Back to top Go down

Post  The Drakin Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:36 pm

Kain muttered to himself "Yes leave the weapons behind so the elves can slaughter us like they did the dragons and their kin." They hesitated in doing what was asked of them.
The Drakin
The Drakin

Back to top Go down

Post  Orsinnar Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:42 pm

The orcs seemed a bit put off by the request for them to disarm themselves. They dismounted, but made no efforts to leave their weapons behind. Kurath scowled distrustfully.

"You make this out to be a war council for the good of your people, and make demands of us to surrender our weapons. If you have such little trust of us, then why do you come to us for help?"

Thane Orioth spoke. "It is their custom, High Chieftain. Nothing more."
Orsinnar
Orsinnar

Back to top Go down

Post  Isilra Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:26 pm

"I believe you are mistaken Kurath, this meeting was not called to ask you for your aid. The elven people can hold their own against humanity for ages to come furthermore, our cities are built in secret places, more well defended than your strongholds and valleys" with the last word he glanced back toward the Drakin. "This is to ensure the survival of all in Aerrath so that non shall fall into nothingness." He never made eye contact with the Orcs and continued to lead them to the Four Winds.. When they approached they saw a large silver gate, barred and chained. Beyond that they could see an open garden, white stone chairs, and a rough stone table.

"I ask you again, please leave your weapons here. We meet with all races this day and there is a blood feud between all, Saeros demands that all are disarmed upon entering this place."

Last edited by Isilrá on Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Isilra
Isilra

Back to top Go down

Post  The Drakin Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:59 pm

The Drakin were good enough to know the elves weren't stupid enough to attack them here with the orcs here who would become angered and more than likely be drawn into the fighting causing all three groups to war with each other causing all of their ends. So the drakin sighed and did as they were asked and put the weapons down where they were instructed. "Fine...double cross us elf and none of us will get out of this intact." Kain sneered at the elf, not giving the Orcs a second glance.
The Drakin
The Drakin

Back to top Go down

Post  Orsinnar Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:12 pm

"An orc does not part with his blade - " Thorokai started, but Kurath grunted in response and he quieted down. The Chieftain glanced towards Orioth, his Thane, who nodded reassuringly and spoke something in orcish.

"Ok'shuul, koth'uk nok'vuuk shog uun..."

Kurath turned back to the others. "Our Champions will wait here. They are forbidden to lay down their weapons while in our presence. My Thane and I will enter." The High Chieftain then held down the polearm with a brutal-looking, sharply angled, jutting blade at its tip and leaned it against the wall. Although the style looked rough at first, upon a closer look, one could see that the craftsmanship was stunningly masterful. Following Kurath's lead, Orioth unstrapped his shield, bearing the Manakahai emblem, and laid it down with his curved longsword across it. Thorokai and Okhennei stayed behind while Kurath and Orioth prepared to meet with the elves.
Orsinnar
Orsinnar

Back to top Go down

Post  Athosia Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:42 am

Seen walking up the road Levhor Grimbeard along with his most trusted adviser Nigiti Armorfist along with Kur Shalecrusher Grand Marshal and about 20 Honer guard fitted out in heavy plate gold armor, war axe's in there hands, and heavy crossbows on there back
They would walk through the main gate of Rivendell with Levhor with Nigiti and Kur flanking hime with the 20 Honor guard not paying much mind to any one knowing that they were not at all welcome here under normal circumstances until they caught up to the main group and would wait till there were sitted down at there seats
Athosia
Athosia

Back to top Go down

Post  Orsinnar Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:48 am

The Orsien scoffed. They didn't seem to want much to do with any of the others. Elf, Drakin, dwarf - it didn't matter, as long as they weren't orcs, they had no place among the ranks of the Orsien warriors.
Orsinnar
Orsinnar

Back to top Go down

Post  Isilra Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:57 am

The elves where already off-set by the presence of the others, now what seemed to be an attack force entered the gates of Rivendell. Civilians remained in their homes, others glare or call for guards. A women approached with bow drawn, arrow knocked, she requested their business in their lands. She had long blonde hair, partially tied in braids, she wore white and green garments with silver gauntlets and accessories.

"What is your business here, dirty dwarves." Her attitude was much less welcoming than Amras had been with the others. She wanted nothing to do with them.
Isilra
Isilra

Back to top Go down

Post  Athosia Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:15 am

Levhor would stop " raise his hand for the others to stop where they were and take a deep draw on his unique pipe" so this is how you greet you're guests who are sommend by the king of Rivendell him self and you Have The Very Nerve To point that bow at my face "letting out the smoke still in his lungs in the elf's face and taking another deep draw on it" so if you don't mind kindly remove that curved stick and twig out of my face before i am force to take more drastic steps my dear girl i am here to talk to you're kind in peace other wise i would have stayed far away from this place don't you think? " letting out the smoke in his lungs once more in her face"
Athosia
Athosia

Back to top Go down

Post  Isilra Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:28 am

She stood shocked at the actions of a dwarf in elven lands.

"Tch, you dare blow your disgusting stench into my face, I should shoot you here. Who do you think you are coming to this place, I know of no summoning of the nations. You are nothing but short, fat, beings useless for anything other than staying in your holes in the mountains."

"Halt, lower your weapons from my honored guests," A man appeared and scolded her. He wore a green garment over his face, one could see scars over his cheeks and over his white eyes. "I have summoned them here on matters of imperial decree, leave them be."

"Seer Saeros, you are serious?"

"Yes," he turned toward the dwarves. "Forgive this unnecessary show of discomfort by our people, the meeting was suppose to be had in private. Follow and I will lead you to the chambers, I only ask that you leave your weapons outside the gates before we enter, all others will have done the same."
Isilra
Isilra

Back to top Go down

Post  Athosia Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:44 am

Levhor would stop his slow tourcher of the young girl's lungs " his expression would change from delight to a smile" but of course my good sir "lifts his hand to send away the guards to the gate and waves for Nigiti to follow" Kur keep an eye on the boys and would follow he scared elf to the chambers he was promised
I will forgive it this once elf and only once " looking at the girl elf and would move on "
Athosia
Athosia

Back to top Go down

Post  Isilra Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:54 am

He lead them into the hall where the others stood. Amras was still waiting with the others for his arrival. Upon seeing Saeros, Amras easily pushed open the large gates and motioned for them to enter.

"Please take you seats, Saeros will be entering shortly."
Isilra
Isilra

Back to top Go down

Post  Orsinnar Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:59 am

As the orcs saw the dwarves enter, Kurath's Champion Thorokai instinctively reached for his blades while the dwarves came into sight in the entrance. Kurath immediately grunted his disapproval, and Thorokai stood down, although he continued to snarl in distaste. Okhennei stayed close by Orioth until he and Kurath prepared to walk forward. Their Champions stayed behind, while Kurath and Orioth stepped ahead of the crowd and entered the room.

"Let's get on with this," Kurath declared, quickly losing his patience within the presence of the other races that the Orsien had seen great conflict with over many generations.
Orsinnar
Orsinnar

Back to top Go down

Post  Athosia Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:16 am

approaching the room Nigiti would pull Levhor over to the side
My lord there are orcs as well as dragon looking thing here " with a look of worry in his eye not that he would show this to any one but the king him self"

My good Nigiti we are here under the so called protection of the elves pray that there that stupid so that the glory of the Dwarf's can finally be realized and we can take out all our enemy's

After there talk they would take there seats and stare around sizing up the people in the room especially the orcs Levhor " would take deep draws on his pipe starring at his enemy acrossed the way"
waiting for the meeting to begin
Athosia
Athosia

Back to top Go down

Post  The Drakin Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:36 pm

The drakin simply watched the the dwarves and elves confront each other and snickered. they found it greatly amusing that these short creatures from the mountains had such distaste for the elves but they said nothing to them and just walked to the meeting hall making sure to keep their distance from the rest not trusting any of them though the dwarves they had never dealt with, so they had a clean slate toward the drakin. They sat down, again keeping their distance from the other and he shook his head angered and a big disgusted "After a long journey at least have the common courtesy to not keep us waiting elf."
The Drakin
The Drakin

Back to top Go down

Post  Isilra Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:24 pm

Saeros and Amras walked over to the table, Amras took a seat among them whereas, Saeros laid several papers on the table in the center. One of which bared the imperial seal.

"My apologies to all for being late. Now then, this is what we have summoned you here for. The empire has decreed our lands to be their own and our races inferior," Saeros paused and held out the imperial sealed paper. "They wish to destroy all of the races to show "human superiority" among Aerrath. I have personally saw to letters arriving there asking for reconsideration of these actions to which I received this. *reads letter alloud (found in the shattering)* Talks of peace have failed, now we seek that all races, nations, and kindred are protected. All among us have prior blood feuds no doubt but I ask you to lay them aside for the good of all in this crisis, otherwise I fear my visions of destruction shall come to pass over all."

Amras stood silently and then began to speak.

"I have also come to show my people's intentions. High Elves of Rivendell, and Woodland Elves of Starlit Woods, we have both decided that a alliance among us is the best option to protect the diversity of Aerrath. The other Isilra will follow us in due time."
Isilra
Isilra

Back to top Go down

Post  The Drakin Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:51 pm

Kain scoffed "Human superiority, i could break a human in half without much of a thought. Such fragile, fleeting creatures. They barely have a place in this world and they claim they are superior. They should be the ones eradicated, cleanse Aerrath of their filth. Barely more than apes." The other drakin nodded in agreement.
The Drakin
The Drakin

Back to top Go down

Post  Athosia Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:22 pm

Levhor " slams his big fist on the table" How dare they declare me and my people enemy's of the empire we are the suppliers of all there supplies arms and armor and they have the nerve to call me an enemy for this i will see to it that any human will be killed on sight if it be child woman or and unarmed man i will see the extinction of the human race from this day forth

I will section no alliance with you elves but i am willing to work with you and the orcs at best are tolerated with me and this new face of these lizard folk i know not of you and can't say i trust you or hate you i will reserve judgment till further notice i will work more closely with them then any of you for they are the only race that has not shown hostility to me and my people

Last edited by Athosia on Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Athosia
Athosia

Back to top Go down

Post  The Drakin Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:26 pm

Kain would crack his neck a bit and drum his fingers on the table "We are the Drakin, dwarf. We are descendants of dragons, not lizards. Please refrain from calling us such a demeaning thing" He was trying to not go off on the dwarf like he would anyone else, he doesn't know these people and he supposed it was easily confused.
The Drakin
The Drakin

Back to top Go down

Post  Isilra Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:32 pm

Amras placed his hand on his forehead and signed loudly.

"Coming from the Drakin, this response is understandable, but from you dwarves this is a new stance of hatred. We have called you here for nagotiations of an alliance, without one old feuds will be our downfall in facing this new threat,"

Saeros did not seem surprised by this reaction and stood contemplating his words for a moment while Amras spoke.

"The well being of all the races is our goal here. The Isilra mean no harm to the human race as a whole, only to defend these lands they have proclaimed their own and the people, no matter the race, within them. Joining our alliance is your decision but I urge you to consider it more thoroughly before refusing our offer. I realize non of you may trust our kind but we have always done what was best from Aerrath as best we saw fit."
Isilra
Isilra

Back to top Go down

Post  The Drakin Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:38 pm

Kain couldnt hold is tongue any longer and said loud, his voice full of rage "Best as you saw fit!? Was aiding humans become strong best for the land? Was annihilating the dragon species best for this land? What right do you have to say what is best for Aerrath? You made the humans strong as they are today, or atleast were their teachers, we could easily blame this on you! You pointy eared bastards and be completely justified!" He had slammed his fist down on the table, his scales a bit harder than before scratching the surface of the table greatly.
The Drakin
The Drakin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum