Aerrath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Audience in Rivendell

4 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Audience in Rivendell - Page 3 Empty Re: Audience in Rivendell

Post  The Drakin Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:36 pm

The drakin nodded "We can provide food and water for armies and if during any joint attack our offensive magic can be used to counter act the human siege weaponry."
The Drakin
The Drakin

Back to top Go down

Post  Orsinnar Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:43 pm

Kurath was not as amicable towards the terms of the alliance.

"You are concerned with who kills who? I can tell you now that the humans are not so worried about the survival of our women and children. We gain nothing by sparing them. One threat is upon us, from their whole disgusting kind." Orioth then added in his opinion. "And you cannot choose where the arrow strikes..."

The High Chieftain listened to the offers for exchanged supplies and forces. He was hardly interested in the outside assistance, especially promises of elven troops to bolster the Orsien ranks - they would only get in his way. Still, he at least decided to display some good intentions towards the material exchanges. "What other supplies are needed for this?"
Orsinnar
Orsinnar

Back to top Go down

Post  Athosia Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:47 pm

You elves can spare me you're so called ranged unit's for we have been hard at work finding a new source of power over the once mighty human i call is gun powder we have also a new weapon to harness this new power and we will show you a sample

Levhor " raised his hand at Nigiti " Nigiti would pull and long object off his back raped in cloth " unwrapping the cloth from the object" to show a full metal rifle and placed it on the table for all to see the stepped back to see the reactions of the others " taking deep draws on his pipe with a look of satisfaction on his face"
Athosia
Athosia

Back to top Go down

Post  Isilra Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:48 pm

"One can aim the arrow well and still miss its intended target, but without that aim would the arrow not miss completely?" Saeros asked imploringly. "If you choose to kill the women and children then what is gained by your effort?"

Amras sat uncomfortably in his seat across from the dwarves.

"What is that ...thing?"
Isilra
Isilra

Back to top Go down

Post  The Drakin Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:53 pm

The Drakin smiled and chuckled "Effort? Only an elf would need to exert himself to kill such lowly beings." When he saw the rifle his looked quite intrigued and leaned forward "What is this dwarf? and you said you used to trade with humans, do they have any?"
The Drakin
The Drakin

Back to top Go down

Post  Athosia Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:58 pm

" taking another draw off his pipe" this is called a rifle Amras my own weapon which is my answer to defeating the human's on there own ground

To answer you're question Drakin this is a rifle and no this is brand new invention of mine soooo no the human don't have these nor do they know of its existence
and to answer all you're questions about what it can do it shoot's these round metal ball's " hold's one up for all to see" and is propelled by the black powder i was telling you about which is set off by a flint and steel and you aim with these sights much like a bow but better " points out how to aim and fire roughly to the others" and this is MY ranged weapon of war

And yes i already have Dwarf's trained to use these Rifles on an equal or better level then even the best marksmen the elf's have " giving a smug smile to all"
Athosia
Athosia

Back to top Go down

Post  Orsinnar Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:00 am

Kurath instantly recognized the potential. Orioth was more reserved about it, but the High Chieftain spoke up before any others without hesitation.

"We will trade you for them. Name your price, and show us how it works."
Orsinnar
Orsinnar

Back to top Go down

Post  The Drakin Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:01 am

The drakin were greatly interested and saw potential for innovation, which they do frequently, and offensive magik applications " The drakin are also interested in trading for these weapons, name a price and we will pay it"
The Drakin
The Drakin

Back to top Go down

Post  Isilra Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:30 am

Amras instantly became more infuriated than he had before.

"Did I not ask you to leave your weapons outside these gates? Whether or not it is used as an example you knowingly brought something deadly into a hall of peace," his voice became rough and deep as he continued. "You came knowing that Saeros was blind, you deceived him by hiding it in cloth. You dwarves need to get off your soap boxes and humble yourselves when appearing before an Isilrian Seer!"

"Amras, your temper will not help..." Saeros tried to calm the situation.

"I will not stop, they deliborately disobeyed the only condition of this gathering. Tel' naugrim amin feuya ten'. Ro naa haran e' nausalle!" (The dwarves disgust me. He is only a king is his dreams!)

"Dina!" (Be silent!) Saeros finally lost his patience in the matter and his voice boomed. Though he was old and blind his tone could cause the most fearless of warriors to cringe in fear.
Isilra
Isilra

Back to top Go down

Post  The Drakin Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:38 am

Kain growled "Telling a dwarf to be more humble is something coming from an elf!" He was sort of put off by the anger in the elf's voice but he did not back down being to proud to let himself be frightened by an elf.

One of his advisers told Kain is thier language "qe ifpesp ith Kain. yth re tenpiswo ihk martivir, ti aryte"

Kain sighed "winhal, ergriff tagoa wux Dran, tepoha majaktor ve bensvelk advice persvek wer boja"

No one would understand the drakin language.
The Drakin
The Drakin

Back to top Go down

Post  Athosia Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:55 am

My answer to you two as of now no i am not selling trading or giving this item away sorry even to you new comers Drakin

Levhor would start off with a disgruntled face at the word's of the young Elf you Elf have alot of nerve to talk to any of us this way if i had intended to USE THIS WEAPON i would have started at the city gates with about 5,000 troops knocking at you're door I AM merely shareing some Dwaven secret's with you to help heal some wounds of the past but by all means if we want to fight about it let's go you little WHELP you still have much to learn and are very wet behind the ears you could also could benefit from some humbling you're self after which the Dwarf's would almost recoil is shock to hear the elder elf sound off in a booming voice
of Saeros and Levhor's face would looked almost shocked were he almost doped his pipe out of his mouth
Athosia
Athosia

Back to top Go down

Post  Orsinnar Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:56 am

Kurath and Orioth remained quiet after Saeros' outburst. For once, the High Chieftain actually saw the elves display an admirable quality - a bit of a backbone to stand up for himself. As far as the Orsien were concerned, the elves were infamous for being overly timid. Orioth listened closely, anticipating how the situation would turn out.
Orsinnar
Orsinnar

Back to top Go down

Post  The Drakin Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:04 am

Kain smirked and raised his eyes brows with a smile as he sat back and chuckled at the outburst from the dwarves toward the elves. He was beginning to like this race. He was completely respectful toward the choice of not selling the rifles as it was a great and powerful invention.
The Drakin
The Drakin

Back to top Go down

Post  Isilra Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:05 am

Amras was not affected by the words of the dwarf but stepped back in shock at Saeros' command. Never had he heard such anger in his voice than now, Saeros had always been laid back and calm. He returned to his seat and sunk down slowly into it. The look on his face portrayed his deep irritation of the Dwarves disobedience of elven orders.

Saeros calmed quickly and bowed his head.

"Forgive me for that outburst, that should not have been done before the eyes of the races. Please, can we get to business without any other hindrances?"
Isilra
Isilra

Back to top Go down

Post  Orsinnar Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:06 am

Kurath grinned. This was all proving to be quite interesting.

"Yes. Let's continue."
Orsinnar
Orsinnar

Back to top Go down

Post  The Drakin Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:07 am

The drakin nodded "Alright then, lets move on with this then. Did the imperial decree they gave you give some sort of warning as to when their legions were marching?"
The Drakin
The Drakin

Back to top Go down

Post  Athosia Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:18 am

I must admit you caught even me off guard and i find no problems with forgiving the explosion some one needed to put him in his place and im glad it was you Saeros, but on another note i guess i owe you an apology "Taking a deep bow out of new found respect for searos" ( A very rare thing for a dwarf to even do so this is only directed tword Searos) for i have broken the rule of the council and yet i still entered with this weapon so forgive me for my intrusion if you would like i will also have this put out side if it truly bothers you?
Athosia
Athosia

Back to top Go down

Post  Isilra Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:31 am

Saeros did not seem off set by the rifle.

"The intentions behind your reasoning of bringing it into this meeting were not of war. I have no further requests of you in regards of the rifle, it can remain or be removed should you choose to do so. As for the decree, it did not include a marching date however the time will approach quickly. Immediately after receiving their response to talks of peace I sent Amras to summon you here. They are preparing as we speak, we must also prepare and alerting all as well as requesting and alliance was the best option at hand."
Isilra
Isilra

Back to top Go down

Post  Orsinnar Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:37 am

"There is no use in guessing when they will come..." Kurath spoke, trying to get the discussion back into a more appropriate direction. "But we know they will come. We have what they want, so they will come. You can be sure they've already prepared - why would they threaten us, otherwise? If we think that they're coming tomorrow before dawn, we'll all be less likely to waste away our time."

Orioth agreed. "Yes. We'll assume tomorrow before dawn. Now, how do you all plan to prepare yourselves?"
Orsinnar
Orsinnar

Back to top Go down

Post  The Drakin Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:45 am

The drakin nodded "They will come in mass, and they will come soon. The human battle strategy is to attack hard and try and outlast us. We of course have to make that impossible, take out what supplies them and you take them out. That is my strategy. Defeat them in battle and behind thier lines and we will devastate their armies."
The Drakin
The Drakin

Back to top Go down

Post  Athosia Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:50 am

We are always ready for what ever may come our way this is no different we will be ready on Saeros's mark you give the word and we will be there in force ready to back up the alliance

by the way where are we meeting?? before the assault on the humans?
Athosia
Athosia

Back to top Go down

Post  The Drakin Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:55 am

Kain shrugged "That is a good question, shall we meet back here or at another one of our strongholds?"
The Drakin
The Drakin

Back to top Go down

Post  Orsinnar Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:03 am

Orioth spoke up. "Nothing will break their supply lines more quickly than a few good raids. Soon they will feel the weight of their own greed upon themselves, when the only reminder of their homeland will be more of their allies' smoldering supply caravans. They have tried to move through Orsien land before." Orioth paused, with a solemn but entertained expression on his face. "Hah. They will not make that foolish mistake again. Get us a map of their supply routes, and you have my word that they will be held back."

He then considered their inquiries to a meeting location. "We will set up raid camps. The Orsien are most able to hold camps against them. Not a 'stronghold' as you put it, but a border. We already have camps across the frontier."
Orsinnar
Orsinnar

Back to top Go down

Post  The Drakin Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:07 am

The drakin all smirked "Tell us the locations of thier mining villages or bases closest to our lands and we will show them the wrath of dragons they have wrought upon themselves. The judgment of the drakin will rain on them from above."
The Drakin
The Drakin

Back to top Go down

Post  Orsinnar Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:33 am

"We know of some small settlements. Pathetic little villages, pretending to be cities." Kurath sneered. "Too big for a raid, and too small for a siege. I can show you...once we know what we're going to do."
Orsinnar
Orsinnar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum